Tuesday, March 4, 2014


The next leg of my journey after visiting Virginia took me to Bloomington, IL. It's a rather boring area of Illinois and apparently they love Abraham Lincoln. There are statues of him EVERYWHERE! I spend one morning at the spa getting pampered with my friends Brinley and Lyndsey. Daylen is one of the most talented cosmetologists I've ever met! She really made me look snazzy! Although the spa was fun, we decided to skip out of town and travel together to a town called Shepherdsville, KY. The drive was long but well worth it! My favorite part of the trip was when we visited the Jim Beam Distillery!  We learned all about bourbon and whiskey and we even got to hand bottle our own bottle of knobs creek! I asked several times to ride the conveyer belt but they never let me.
 
 I've included a few pictures of me in front of the distillery. Aren't I cute?





At the end of the tour they handed us a glass and allowed us to sample 2 different kinds of bourbon. Although the samples are small, because of my tiny size I was a little over-served.  (To say the least) The room started spinning and the next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed.
 
Apparently I had alcohol poisoning and had to stay in the hospital for 2 whole days! Don't worry though, Nurse Brinley took great care of me and gave me plenty of love shots to make me feel better.
Overall, it was a great trip and I'm confident I won't be drinking bourbon ever again. 
 I think I will go surprise my Brother and Sister in Law and the kids in Des Moines, Iowa next.  I guess I will have to hitchhike again to get there.  See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment