Saturday, September 21, 2013


So, I’m off to visit the names that I found in the phone book.  As I was walking, I looked up and there was Pikes Peak right in front of me.       
                                                                                                                                                      So, naturally I have included a picture of me with Pikes Peak in the back ground.  I spent the day talking to anyone that would listen to me and finally the last Luke on the list was a Harry Luke.  When he answered the door, I knew right away that we were related.  He is my Uncle.  He invited me in and introduced me to my Aunt Debbie.  We talked all day about how I ended up on top of that mountain (which Uncle Harry keeps telling me that it was a roof) and how I disappeared about the same time that the wagon shrunk.  (Well Uncle Harry told me that the wagon was stolen by someone who replaced it with a smaller version)   I also asked him about the ravine that I woke up in and he told me that it was a rain gutter.  And of course the tunnel waterfall was a downspout.  We talked about our relatives and where they lived but most of all he told me that it was Uncle Johnny who threw me on the roof.  Just wait until I see him, I have a mind to pound sand up his …  The sad thing about the visit was when he told me about the 250 pound bear that wildlife department killed a few days ago.   (I am positive that it was the same bear that helped me get to the library)  Uncle Harry’s hospitality was more than I could have ever expected.  After many days of visiting, we both decided it would be best if I went to Florida and talked to my other Uncle.  (I had a bone to pick with him anyway)  So, Uncle Harry bought me a plane ticket to Tampa, Florida, gave me some spending money and some sand, like Florida doesn't have any sand!  I will be leaving the state of Colorado tomorrow to see my Uncle Johnny.  Uncle Harry also gave me a lift to the airport.  We said our goodbyes and he drove off into the sunset in his newly painted Mustang.  (Closest thing to a painted horse)  I was so excited about everything that I forgot to take a picture of the both of us.  Here are some pictures of me at the airport.

After landing I had a picture taken of me looking out the plane window, which I have included.                                              
                                                                                                                              
I departed the plane and sat down to figure out how to get to Lake Placid, Florida.  After looking at my options, I didn’t think it would be a good idea to try to travel 120 miles in this hot weather all at one time, so I looked at the list of relatives and found out that Great Uncle Darl and Great Aunt Mary lived in Lakeland which is only about 40 miles away.  Now, how do I get  there?  I do not think that I should try to hitch hike this time, with my luck, I would pass out again and wake up with a big purple dinosaur named Barney standing over me.  So, I think I will take a bus from the airport to Lakeland.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment